The Pfraum Vineyard:
An old, traditional vintner’s yard – homemade products – home-smoked sausage specialities and a traditional, old public room – exclusively for DolceVita guests! The Pfraum Vineyard has been awarded several times and welcomes you above Kastelbell Castle to an original Törggele feast, including the popular roasted South Tyrolean chestnuts! All products are regional and homemade!
The irrigation channel:
One of the most popular irrigation channels, the Schnalswaal also known as Kastelbell irrigation channel, leads through Kastelbell-Tschars. With a total of 11 km and a difference of only 370 m in altitude, the Schnalswaal is suitable for families and groups and is one of the longest irrigation channels in South Tyrol. It runs calmly in the shade along the chestnut forest and past the landscape of the Sonnenberg vineyards.
During the course of the day:
- Start by shuttle from your holiday destination at approx. 10 am.
- Mr Gufler will wait for you at the starting point of the irrigation channel in Tschars.
- Together you hike from Tschars along the Kastelbell irrigation channel to Kastelbell. Walking time approx. 1.5 hours.
- This is a leisurely hiking tour with a length of 3.8 km and a difference in altitude of 150 metres only.
- Once arrived in Kastelbell, a short but rocky ascent above the Kastelbell Castle leads to the Pfraum Vineyard.
- Enjoy a traditional Törggele feast with homemade products and roasted chestnuts.
- After a cosy social time together and having gathered plenty of information about South Tyrol, the shuttle picks you up again.
Dates and prices:
Date: every Tuesday from 29th September until mid-November 2017
Start: approx.10:00 am Naturns - approx. 9.45 am Latsch – return approx. 3 pm
Minimum number of participants: 4 persons.
Price: € 19.00 per person (children up to the age of 8 free of charge), includes shuttle, hiking with guide and lunch at the Pfraum Vineyard (drinks not included).
Exclusive to DolceVita guests!
Registration at the reception until Monday by 10 pm!