The new ALPIANA RESORT is a family business run with passion! The Hotel Völlanerhof was the anchor of calm for guests in search for relaxation, the ideal starting point for thrill-seekers and a place where a holiday in South Tyrol was made complete for over 40 years. Four decades full of encounters, adventures and emotions. Quality before quantity is still the motto for the new stage of our family project.
The DolceVita Hotel
ALPIANA RESORT at a glance:
WELLNESS & SPA
The ALPIANA pool gardens and oases of tranquillity provide time and space for real relaxation and wellbeing.
Our wellness highlights:
- South Tyrol’s most beautiful aqua worlds including indoor pool with outdoor access, infinity pool with a water temperature of 32°C, heart-shaped saltwater pool (adults only, 33°C), ”Kleine
Lagune – Little Lagoon“ sun-heated natural pool and kids pool
- Sky SPA ”Mountain View“ on the 4th floor with stunning views to the mountains and the gardens, sauna aufguss daily in our Panorama Fin Sauna, NEW 2016:
- Infra-red sauna
- Worlds of relaxation - 4 distinctive oases of tranquillity: Silent Lounge, SPA Lounge indoors and outdoors, Sky Lounge indoors and outdoors and tranquillity in the sauna landscape
- ALPIANA sauna landscape: Panorama Fin Sauna (90°C), Finnish sauna (85°C), steam bath (45°C), Infra-red cabin (30°C) and organic sauna (50°C)
- Beauty: 8 modern treatment rooms for SPA treatments and massages
GOURMET & CULINARY DELIGHTS
The kitchen of ALPIANA RESORT only prepares dishes with ingredients according to what the season and local landscape provides. There is only one principle: it has to be homemade.
Our gourmet highlights:
- The newly renovated main restaurant is managed by head chef Manfred Gamper
- Dining alfresco on the new spacious terrace in a wood-glass design
- ¾ -gourmet board with South Tyrolean breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lunch buffet with salads, antipasti and fresh pastas from the show kitchen
- 5-course gourmet menu with South Tyrolean and Mediterranean dishes in the evening
- NUTRIS: South Tyrol‘s 1st vegetarian-vegan gourmet restaurant
- ALPIANA Lounge & Bar: a paradise for all senses
- The wines of the region come together at the ALPIANA RESORT
The surrounding area of the ALPIANA RESORT is wonderfully hikeable. Whether mountain or valley, here is something for every type of hiker…
Our hiking highlights:
- Great hiking routes directly at the hotel’s doorstep – our tips: the chestnut tree adventure trail, the mystical small St. Hippolytus’ Church, the quaint village of Platzers, the new panorama trail with views to Merano and Bolzano as well as the sporty tour to the Monte Luco
- Full of variety - the Merano Region, a hikers’ paradise for everyone: the sunny trails along the irrigation channels for leisure hikers, the local mountain Vigil Pass with its lark and pine forests, the quaint Ulten Valley with its beautiful alpine pastures and lofty peaks…
- Weekly hotel-arranged hiking tour with Monika Margesin or junior Johannes: we take you to our favourite places
- Free of charge hire of hiking rucksacks, hiking sticks, child carriers and much more
CYLING & MTB
Mountain bikers, racing cyclists, E-bikers and leisure cyclists... Welcome to the biking paradise Merano Region.
Our biking highlights:
- Top-modern mountain bikes by Cube as well as children bicycles for hire free of charge
- For a bit of support: hire of new E-bikes by Cube with powerful Bosch batteries (for a surcharge)
- Beautiful racing cycle and mountain bike routes directly at the hotel’s doorstep. Our tips: MTB tour to Platzers and continuing to the Laugenalm, two passes by racing cycle (Gampen Pass and Mendel Pass)
- Leisurely cycling along the river: cycling track from Lana to Lake Garda, the most leisurely cycling route South Tyrol has to offer
The ALPIANA RESORT: a wonderful starting point for discovering South Tyrol’s world of golf.
Our golf highlights:
- Lana Golf Club (approx. 10 minutes‘ drive): South Tyrol’s most beautiful 9-hole course surrounded by meadows with apple trees
- Dolomiti Golf Club (approx. 40 minutes‘ drive): one of the most beautiful 18-hole golf courses in the Alps
- Blue Monster Golf Club (new since summer 2015; approx. 20 minutes‘ drive): the new golf highlight in South Tyrol
- Passeier Golf Club, St. Vigil Seis Golf Club and Petersberg Golf Club: three other 18-hole golf courses
- New pro and caddy room for your golf bags and golf equipment.
- Top green fee conditions for all golf courses in South Tyrol with the Golfin Card (20-25% green fee discount)
KIDS & FAMILY
Fun and games for everyone, family time and time for two... unforgettable holiday adventures.
Our family highlights:
- ALPIANA Kids House: bright kids paradise (65 m²) and new playground with slide, climbing tower, swings and sand pit outdoors
- Childcare and animation during the holiday period (aged 3 and over) upon request with Elisa
- Kids’ dinner at the Kids House with our Julia at 6.30 pm
- Babysitter service on request (for a surcharge)
- Kids Pool: aqua fun surrounded by greenery (during the summer months)
- Family suites with separate children’s bedroom
- Wonderful excursion destinations in the vicinity: chestnut tree adventure trail, Rainguthof Mini Zoo, Gola Gorge, waterfalls, birds of prey sanctuary with birds of prey demonstration, summer toboggan run, high rope garden...
TIME FOR TWO
“Love is the essence of life. That is why moments together should be consciously and gratefully dedicated to love."
Our highlights for couples in love:
- Luxurious private SPA: with tub for couples, rain shower, king size double bed and two comfy massage beds
- Romantic dinner: lovingly decorated table and delight by candlelight
- Honeymoon specials with surprise in the room
- SPA romance for 2 with romantic indulgence bath, full-body massage for HER & HIM, relaxation with prosecco, strawberries and homemade chocolates afterwards • heart-shaped saltwater pool (adults only, 33°C)
- Cuddle corners, floating beds for dreaming together, cocoons and comfy loungers for two in our spacious garden
- ALPIANA worlds of relaxation with beds for cuddling up
NUTRIS – South Tyrol’s
1st vegetarian-vegan gourmet restaurant delights with regional and fair products. Local, seasonal, homemade: This is the maxim at NUTRIS, our new restaurant at the ALPIANA RESORT. The former Vollänerhof convinces with the region’s first restaurant where only vegetarian and vegan dishes are served since 8th May 2015, just two months after the hotel’s re-opening. Surrounded by a sophisticated ambience, the creations of head chef Arnold Nussbaumer take the guests into a ground-breaking paradise for the senses which combines culinary delights with healthy food and a good conscience. The ingredients must meet the highest standards and are sourced from the PUR Südtirol Cooperative, in part directly from the neighbouring farmers or Fairtrade enterprises. This also applies to beverages and the selection of wines at the NUTRIS. We have purposely selected wines from young producers and well-known vintners as well as teas and juices from the region. Soft drinks like Fanta or Coca Cola are not served here. Depending on taste and appetite, hotel guests (for a surcharge added to the ¾-gourmet board) and dinner guests can choose from four-, five- or six-course menus and can also combine the available dishes if they like.
ALPIANA RESORT receives the Wellness Heaven Award 2015 in the category "Culinary Delights"
We are proud of having been selected as one of the five best wellness hotels in the German-speaking area. The decision about who receives the Wellness Heaven Award is not made by a top-class expert jury but by a multitude of knowledgeable wellness-voters. The idea behind it: the wisdom of many brings the best hotels to light. Nominated for the award were only those 87 hotels which achieved top grades in one of the five assessment categories wellness, culinary delights, rooms, location or service. The users have now selected the five best hotels via online voting and have chosen the ALPIANA RESORT as best hotel in the category ”Culinary Delights“. A total of 85.035 votes have been evaluated, making this a representative result. Dr. Tassilo Keilmann says about the hotel test in April 2015: “Almost ten years of intensive travel and evaluation of the world’s best wellness hotels has become a challenge to truly amaze the testers of Wellness Heaven. The Margesins have taken up and mastered the challenge with flying colours even though the ALPIANA RESORT, formerly Völlanerhof and a beauty and gem in the heart of South Tyrol, only opened in March 2015.“