Did you know that there are many exceptional castles to see in South Tyrol? That more than 17 million apple trees blossom in the Vinschgau Valley in Spring? That shopping in Bolzano and Merano is a fantastic experience? Your hosts at the Dolce Vita Hotels will gladly provide sightseeing recommendations for South Tyrol.
Culture in South Tyrol:
Experience the living history of the region
South Tyrol is an ancient cultivated landscape. For instance you can see 5,000-year-old carvings on a menhir. In the close vicinity of your Dolce Vita Hotel in the north of Italy is the Obermontani castle, where the original script of the 'Nibelungen' epic was found. In 1911 Iceman Ötzi was found 5,200 years after his death at the Similaun glacier. Would you like to find out more about the culture of South Tyrol?
Culture in the vicinity
of the DolceVita Hotels in the north of Italy
- Juval Castle: visit the home of mountaineering legend Reinhold Messner
- Churburg: marvel at the largest private armoury in Europe
- Icemuseum: Reinhold Messner's museum in Sulden at Mt Ortler
- St. Prokulus church in Naturno with its fantastic frescoes
- The gardens at the Trauttmansdorff palace near Merano
- Archeoparc in the Schnalstal Valley: experience the time of Iceman Ötzi
- Laaser marble: the white gold is also an ingredient for BERG cosmetic products
In the course of the Dolce Vita 'Culture Around' programme there are special guided tours for guests every week. Learn more about the turbulent history of Tyrol, Andreas Hofer and the Habsburg monarchy.