The Merano High Route leads you at an almost level height through the Alps on your holiday in South Tyrol. Opportunities to stop for a break, unforgettable impressions and stunning panoramas sweeten your hiking tour on the Merano High Route.
Hiking holidays in South Tyrol
Spend the warm days of sunshine in June in unpolluted, clear mountain air. Enjoy the tranquillity of the mountains and listen to the pure sound of nature. Birds sing cheerfully, crickets chirp and blades of grass dance in the wind. The Merano High Route leads you along the Texel Mountains in stages of four to six days. Holidaymakers at the Dolce Vita Hotels start the circular tour at the Sonnenberg in the Vinschgau District. The Texel Mountains Nature Park is home to the Partschins Waterfall, which is with a drop of 97 metres one of the biggest in South Tyrol. Don’t forget to take your camera when hiking on the Merano High Route – you will take impressive souvenir photos from your summer holiday in South Tyrol back home with you.
Merano High Route:
Attractions along your hiking route on your holiday in South Tyrol
- Alpine farms: centuries-old alpine farms are dotted along the hiking trail Merano High Route.
- Castles and fortresses: visit Juval Castle, the residence of the legendary mountaineer Reinhold Messner.
- St. Proculus Church in Naturns: marvel at the oldest frescos in the German-speaking area.
- Typewriter Museum in Partschins: 1.200 exhibits from the first typewriter to the PC.
- Aristocratic estates of the squires in the Passeier Valley: home of the squires in medieval times.
South Tyrol’s magic of variety
- A guided orchard tour followed by a visit to the storage facility takes place every Tuesday in June: learnt about the cultivation, harvest and processing of apples from the Vinschgau District directly from the orchardist. The orchard tour costs 9 Euro per person.
- A guided tour of the Köfelgut vineyards, which are situated in 600 m on the steep slopes of the Vinschgau Sonnenberg, takes place every Wednesday in June. The tour of the vineyards costs 9 Euro per person.
- A hiking tour accompanied by Karl Perfler and the hotel managers takes place every Thursday in June: a special encounter with the alpine farms on the Vinschgau Sonnenberg. The hiking tour costs 19 Euro per person and includes hiking guide, music, food and a DVD with souvenir photos.
Relaxation Week with sleep expert Dr. Zulley and the BERG Cosmetics product line.
Prof. Dr. Zulley, head of the medical sleep centre at the Regensburg University and District Hospital, also known for his appearances on TV shows like Stern TV (RTL) and Markus Lanz (ZDF), provides advice for deep, relaxing sleep in combination with the regenerating effect of BERG Cosmetics products.